Register for the U.S Open Switch Social Tournament!
Friday 7th September
Date: 7th September 2018
Location: Melbourne Park, National Tennis Centre, Indoor Courts
Pizza provided & Trophy to be won!
Tennis World members get a complimentary drink card.
What is a SWITCH Tournament?
- 32 pairs per event maximum
- 4 draws of 8 teams in round robin (RR) format
- Timed matches of 7 minutes teams play minimum 7 matches in (RR) format
- Coach feeds from side of court to 4 baseline players (1 team at each end)
- After every point the team the coach feeds to ‘switches’ sides (Eg; Forehand side player moves to Backhand side and Backhand side player moves to Forehand side) ongoing each point
- Players play out point and score tally is 1,2,3 etc
- Every 10 points teams change ends
The idea of SWITCH is to win as many points as possible in the 7-minute rounds. The top 2 teams who win the most points from their draw move on to the Quarter Final stage.
Then winning 4 teams move to Semi Final, 2 winning teams from SF move to the Grand Final. Trophies and perpetual cup (Serge Biguzas Cup) is awarded to the winning team.