Register for the Aus Open Switch Social Tournament – Albert Reserve
Thursday, January 24, 2019
Date: Thursday 24 January, 2019
Time: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
Location: Albert Reserve
Address: Crn Hannah St & St Kilda Road, St Kilda
Pizza provided & Trophy to be won!
Tennis World members get a complimentary drink card.
What is a SWITCH Tournament?
- Timed matches in (Round Robin) format
- Coach feeds from side of court to 4 baseline players (1 team at each end)
- After every point the team the coach feeds to ‘switches’ sides (Eg; Forehand side player moves to Backhand side and Backhand side player moves to
- Forehand side) ongoing each point
- Players play out point and score tally is 1,2,3 etc
- Every 10 points teams change ends
- The idea of SWITCH is to win as many points as possible in the time
The idea of SWITCH is to win as many points as possible in the 7-minute rounds. The top 2 teams who win the most points from their draw move on to the Quarter Final stage.
Then winning 4 teams move to Semi Final, 2 winning teams from SF move to the Grand Final. Trophies and perpetual cup (Serge Biguzas Cup) is awarded to the winning team.
This year, there are two divisions.
- Open Division – suitable for Advanced players
- Social Division – suitable for Beginner to Intermediate players
All players can enter as team of 2 or alternatively enter as an individual and tournament staff will pair players up with a playing partner
There are five teams per draw and each team plays each other twice in the draw.