JUNIOR PATHWAYS SERIES
A FRIENDLY TOURNAMENT FOR JUNIORS
Introducing the Melbourne Junior Pathways Series. Helping young tennis players easily transition into tournament play.
The Pathway Series gives young players a variety of match experience to prepare them for junior ranking tournaments. Competing tennis players should be between the ages of 9 and 15.
Entrants will play multiple round-robin matches and gain valuable match play experience. The final event of each series will be an knockout tournament to mirror how a Junior Tournament (JT) is conducted. Finally, entry for each event is $30.
How does it work?
Tournaments are played on a Saturday afternoon and run at Melbourne Park or Hume Community Tennis Centre. There are four series and each consist of five event days: four round robin events and one final.
Each tournament will consist of eight events over four age levels:
- U/9 singles Boys and Girls Singles (Green Ball)
- U/11 singles Boys and Girls Singles (Yellow Ball)
- U/13 singles Boys and Girls Singles (Yellow Ball)
- U/15 singles Boys and Girls Singles (Yellow Ball)
What makes Junior Pathways Series unique
- Flexibility. Each tournament sits as its own entity to allow players to enter
- Tournament Experience under real tournament conditions. Educating parents and players on transitioning into Australian ranking points tournaments such as JT and AMTs
- Played on a Saturday afternoon, offering an addition or alternative to morning district competitions
- Points are used to decide seedings for Elimination Final of each of the four series
- Three singles matches in each series depending on draw size
- Round Robin & elimination tournament experience
- Run by Tennis Australia recognised Tournament Directors
- Learn to navigate the Tennis Australia tournament site and get My Tennis ID number to enter majority of tournaments around Australia
SERIES 1 (Australian Open)
SERIES 2 (FRENCH OPEN)
SERIES 3 (WIMBLEDON)
SERIES 4 (US OPEN)