South Australia: Tennis World and COVID-19
Keeping our community safe during the COVID-19 Crisis.
Millswood Update: Friday 27th November 2020
We have received the latest update from Tennis SA. This can be found HERE
Unfortunately under the current directions we are unable to provide any coaching services, trainings and competitions. Please see below the current not permitted and permitted activities.
Not permitted (restricted public activity – community sports fixtures and trainings)
- Tennis coaching (all coaching except Cardio Tennis)
- Club organised trainings, competitions and events (including, but not restricted to the following: planned club trainings, internal club social tennis competitions, inter club competitions, club tournaments)
- Cardio Tennis sessions (defined public activity – fitness or recreation activity)
- Tennis courts open for a casual hit between mates as a recreational activity (not a club planned activity)
- Indoor meetings (contact tracing records required)
In our current schedule we do have a cardio lesson scheduled on Thursday from 5.45pm – 6.30pm.
We will require attendees to book into the lesson. Bookings can be made at the following link:
Click Here to book
Our gated courts will also be available for court hire for casual hits/recreational activity, on Thursday 26th, Friday 27th and Monday 30th November from 2pm – 7pm. Courts can be booked at the following link:
Click Here to book
With these current directions in place, our venue will have the following opening hours.
Thursday 26th: 2pm – 7pm
Friday 27th: 2pm – 7pm (weather pending, due to heat predicted)
Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th: Closed
Monday 30th: 2pm – 7pm
We will still be available via email and phone for any queries.
This current direction is expected to be in place till 1st December. We are hoping from this date, we will be able to return to our normal services.
We will continue to keep you updated with any changes, but we look forward to welcoming you all back on court very soon.
Millswood Update: Wednesday 18th November 2020
As per today’s State Government update, the Tennis World Millswood venue will be closed until further notice.
The latest Tennis SA update can be found HERE
We will continue to provide updates to all members with any changes and when the restrictions are updated.
Stay safe and look after yourselves.
We look forward to welcoming you all back on court soon.
Update: Friday 30 October
We are pleased to now be able to offer and deliver a number of our popular programs through November and December.
From next Wednesday 4th November we are providing further member program opportunities under Pay and Play options including discounted court hire.
All memberships will continue to remain suspended for the rest of the year due to limited access opportunities across Melbourne Park in particular and current tennis return to play guidelines.
Some important points in relation current operations and resumption of activities next week:
- Tennis World will be strictly following the recently updated Return To Play Guidelines
- Only National Tennis Centre outdoor courts and Albert Reserve outdoor courts will be utilised under current guidelines
- Clubhouse/Reception access for toilets and check in purposes only
- Café will be open
- Card payments and online bookings preferred
- Parking is available onsite at both Albert Reserve and National Tennis Centre (tickets can be validated at NTC)
- MCA & NTC gym and Level 3 NTC lounge areas are not available for use