The AO Switch Tournament is here!
Challenge Your Mates. Defeat Them. Move Forward.
During this year’s Australian Open, Tennis World are excited to run an the AO Switch Tournament, suitable for everyone, members and non-members alike.
There are two divisions: Open Division suitable for Advanced players and Social Division suitable for Beginner to Intermediate players. All players can enter as team of 2 or alternatively enter as an individual and tournament staff will pair players up with a playing partner.
There are five teams per draw and each team play ea other twice in the draw. The top two scoring teams per draw move through to knock out Quarter Final stage.
Think you’re interested? The AO Switch Tournament runs on Thursday, January 24, 2019. Starting at 6:30pm.
To book now, tap the banner below.
What is a Switch Tournament?
- Timed matches in (Round Robin) format
- Coach feeds from side of court to 4 baseline players (1 team at each end)
- After every point the team the coach feeds to ‘switches’ sides (Eg; Forehand side player moves to Backhand side and Backhand side player moves to
- Forehand side) ongoing each point
- Players play out point and score tally is 1,2,3 etc
- Every 10 points teams change ends
- The idea of SWITCH is to win as many points as possible in the time
Still have questions? Call 1300 TENNIS or email [email protected]
See you on the court!