Victoria Update: Tennis World and COVID-19
Keeping our community safe during the COVID-19 Crisis.
Victoria Update: Wednesday 16th June
Dear Members, Families, and Students,
The following are the guidelines handed down by Tennis Victoria of which Melbourne Park and Albert Reserve Sites will follow.
Today Acting Premier, The Hon. James Merlino announced the easing of COVID-19 restrictions for the state of Victoria from 11:59pm Thursday 17 June.
The latest restrictions for Victoria relating to community tennis in Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria are as follows:
- Competitions, tournaments, and training is permitted for all ages. Limited to the minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (players, coaches, and parent/guardian for supervision purposes).
- Clubhouses can open subject to a density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm.
- Maximum group coaching sizes of 20 outdoors, 10 indoors.
- There are no travel restrictions within Victoria.
- Face coverings are to be carried at all times and worn indoors except if a medical exception applies. They can be removed when participating.
- Spectators are not allowed (excludes people necessary to facilitate the activity such as coaches, trainers, umpires, carers, parents and guardians).
This means that the indoor courts will be open as of Friday the 18th of June.
Victoria Update: Thursday 10th June
In response to the Victorian Government restrictions Melbourne Park and Albert Reserve Sites will re-open as of 9am on the 11th of June.
Restrictions are as follows:
- Training/coaching can resume for all ages subject to the density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm
- 25km limit applies to those attending a tennis venue (unless for work purposes)
- Venue capacity limit of 100 people
- Maximum group sizes of 10
- Competitions and tournaments are not permitted
- Get in, train, get out
- All indoor tennis centers are to remain closed.
Changeroom showers are not to be accessed through the indoors, Eastern Plaza will be accessible.
Albert Reserve Clubhouse will be open for amenities, no showers.
- Melbourne Park and Albert Reserve will reopen from 9am on Friday 11th June
- All weekly programs and classes will recommence from Friday 11th of June
- All direct debits will recommence from Tuesday 15th June
We will continue to provide updates to all members and customers with any changes and when the restrictions are updated.
Stay safe Victoria and look after yourselves.
Millswood Update: Wednesday 18th November 2020
As per today’s State Government update, the Tennis World Millswood venue will be closed until further notice.
The latest Tennis SA update can be found HERE
We will continue to provide updates to all members with any changes and when the restrictions are updated.
Stay safe and look after yourselves.
We look forward to welcoming you all back on court soon.
Update: Friday 30 October
We are pleased to now be able to offer and deliver a number of our popular programs through November and December.
From next Wednesday 4th November we are providing further member program opportunities under Pay and Play options including discounted court hire.
All memberships will continue to remain suspended for the rest of the year due to limited access opportunities across Melbourne Park in particular and current tennis return to play guidelines.
Some important points in relation current operations and resumption of activities next week:
- Tennis World will be strictly following the recently updated Return To Play Guidelines
- Only National Tennis Centre outdoor courts and Albert Reserve outdoor courts will be utilised under current guidelines
- Clubhouse/Reception access for toilets and check in purposes only
- Café will be open
- Card payments and online bookings preferred
- Parking is available onsite at both Albert Reserve and National Tennis Centre (tickets can be validated at NTC)
- MCA & NTC gym and Level 3 NTC lounge areas are not available for use